Thursday, May 10, 2012

Dear Christian Conservative

I cannot control
This attraction that I have
For you

It permeates my being
And is a part of who I am

I cannot change this
Electricity
that courses through
the veins of my skin
Any more
than I can change
its color

So be gentle
In your judgment of me
And this magnetism
That draws me to you

You stand there
With your beautiful and angry eyes
Pointing your Bible at me

But those dead scrolls
Impair the vision of your heart

Forgive me
When I call you “bigot”
It is my wounded fear speaking

You probably fear me
As much as I fear you

But we are only flesh and blood
In need of Love

I mean you no harm
I will not ruin your relationships
Or harm your children

I am not unworthy
Of your love

We are children
Of the same sun
Lying together in the grass
Under the same full moon

I could give you a kiss
To build a dream on
I could give you an embrace
That would change the world

If we could put down our
Judgment and fear

There’s no need
For this fearful name calling
For all these walls
in our garden

I could love you
And you could love me
If we could accept each other
As we are

No comments:

Post a Comment